Blarney & District Historical Society
Founded in 1985, the Blarney & District Historical Society is a non-denominational and non-political organization which endeavours to record for posterity matters of local historical interest and also to preserve and protect local heritage.
Through a series of public lectures each year and the publication of the “Old Blarney” journal, we try to share the information gathered in an affordable form.
In the 25 years since its inauguration, the Society has organised over 280 lectures, field trips and other events. Lectures take place on the first Thursday of each month (excluding July and August) at 8 p.m. in the Blarney Secondary School and all are welcome to attend.
Interest in the Society has gone from strength to strength over the years but we are always looking for new members to join and help to continue this very valuable and interesting work for future generations to enjoy. For further information see contact details below.
To date, the Society has produced seven historical journals titled ‘Old Blarney’. They are exceptionally well produced and have been very well received. In addition, the Society has also published three “Old Blarney” photo-journals which contain photographs dating from the 1870’s up to the mid 1970’s.
They are an important and very valuable source of information and study to locals, pupils and visitors on what life was like in our area. They are available for purchase at the monthly lectures or by mail order by contacting
Mr. Brian Gabriel. 021-4381349 087-2153216; email@example.com