Midleton Concert Band
Midleton Concert Band is celebrating its 60th Anniversary this year.
Midleton Concert Band was founded as Midleton Holy Rosary Brass & Reed Band in 1951.
The band took the name from the name of the catholic parish, and the main mover behind the foundation of a band was a catholic priest of the parish, Fr. Michael O’Connell.
In more recent years the band has changed its line-up to form a full concert band, and is now using the name Midleton Concert Band.
Extensive training schemes are in place to continually improve standards and to ensure opportunities for young musicians to take their place in the ranks.
Success in major championships has been a notable feature during the last decade in particular.
Meanwhile the band still supports the community as much as ever, and indeed the community supports the band in return.